Massage in Cheltenham
Suffering from sore and tight muscles seems to be a feature of modern life. Whether caused by stress, high workloads, posture, or sport and exercise, stiff and tight muscles can affect us badly. They can cause pain, reduced concentration, fatigue and tiredness, headaches, back pain, and generally rob us of our quality of life.
Massage can play an important role in managing and resolving stiffness and tightness, helping you overcome muscle tension, recover from sports injuries, help with your aching back and neck, or simply help you relax.
- Develop and maintain your physical function
- Relax tense muscles
- Relieve or prevent physical dysfunction and pain
- Improve circulation and immune system functionality
- Reduce stress
- Relax the mind
- Improve blood flow
- Increase overall feeling of well-being.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage
Lymphoedema arises when the drainage routes of the lymphatic system become blocked, congested or severed. Lymph fluids can then build up in the tissues and swelling appears.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage massage is a gentle technique done on the surface of the skin which helps the lymphatic system to work more efficiently.
It is deeply relaxing, consisting of light pressure, which is applied both repetitively and rhythmically.
The aim of the treatment is to move fluid from congested areas towards healthy lymphatics where drainage systems are normal. Fluid can then be drained back into the circulation.
The treatment is not painful at all and can be beneficial for a variety of conditions.
For more information about Lymphatic Draining Massage with Louise Massey please contact the Clinic on 01242 228019
Pregnancy Massage can be of great benefit to both mother and baby, alleviating the aches and pains commonly associated with pregnancy. It can provide the following benefits:
- Reduced muscular tension and discomfort of the shoulders, upper and lower back and hips. It can help reduce pain for those experiencing lower back pain, sciatica and symphysis pubis dysfunction.
- Increased circulation to improve the distribution of nutrients and oxygen to the baby and the removal of waste products.
- Improved lymphatic drainage to help remove toxins and reduce oedema of the ankles and feet.
- Better sleep, less fatigue and deeper relaxation.
For more information about Pregnancy Massage with Louise Massey please contact Cotswold Physiotherapy Centre and Sports Injuries Clinic LLP on 01242 228019.